Electronic Waste or E-Waste describes discarded electrical or electronic devices. There is no clear definition of e-waste. It can be any domestic or business electronic equipment whose use or life has come to an end. These can be your TVs, computer desktop, printers, scanners, keyboards, laptops, cables, circuit boards, mobile phones, digital/video cameras, DVD players, MP3 and CD players, gaming systems or kitchen equipment. Now the reason why I said that the definition is still unclear as the disposal of these items solely depends upon the choice of the user. It can either be because they’ve stopped working or because we just want something even more efficient and convenient. No doubt these electronic gadgets have made our life very convenient and fast yet if they are discarded at a fast pace and that too in an improper way it will not only harm our health but also of the coming generations. 20 to 50 million metric tons of e-waste are disposed of worldwide every year. Electronic waste affects nearly every system in the human body because the materials that makeup e-waste contain a plethora of toxic components, including mercury, lead, cadmium, polybrominated flame retardants, barium, polyvinyl chloride and lithium that can also harm the environment.
All these chemicals are persistent bioaccumulative toxins (PBTs) that create environmental and health risks when computers are incinerated, buried in landfills, or melted down. They release cancer-producing dioxins into the air that we all breathe. If electronics are thrown in landfills, these toxins may leach into groundwater, affecting local aquifers and entering the food chain. The more electronics we discard, the greater the environmental and health dangers for everyone. This explanation is enough to justify the need and importance of safe disposal of e-waste recycling that is done by electronics waste recycling companies.
Yes, we can also recycle this waste and by doing so we can reduce the lands from becoming dumping grounds, save the environment, human health and also huge sums of money.
• Electronics are made of valuable raw materials These raw materials are drawn from nature to create new devices. Electronics Recycling helps in saving energy as these raw materials can be reused again in the making of similar products. As a result, energy is saved, pollution is reduced, and there are fewer greenhouse gas emissions released into the atmosphere.
• Many of the devices being disposed of are in such good condition that if they are refurbished a new life can be infused in them. These electronics help other, less-fortunate people in your community along with reducing unnecessary landfills.
• Data breach issue- Companies dispose of their electronic waste in bulk in order to get neoteric and updated versions. But they are always in fear of their confidential data being stolen, consumer scams and loss of integrity due to identity or other information theft from hard drives in e-waste. This calls for safe and secure disposal of e-waste by a reliable e waste company like IT Recycling Solution.
IT Recycling Solution has 4 simple goals when it comes to Electronics Recycling:
Simply search for IT Recycling near me or electronic recycling near me and we are on our way. At IT Recycling Solution we are not trying to re-invent the wheel, simply put we can do it better than the rest.
Because our electronic recycling system is sought after due to the compelling results, we scaled the service area to cover our capital Washington D.C. Simply search electronic recycling Washington D.C and we are there for you, white glove service through and through.
In addition by much requested demand we formulated an additional service for our Enterprise business and government clients: Office and commercial logistics and liquidation service. A malleable, transparent and economical solution.
As you are already aware, our zero e-waste landfill policy is the framework for our Electronics Recycling Service in Loudoun County, Virginia.
1. The customer is number one. Provide a total solution.
2. Adhere and incorporate Federal, State and county environmental laws | regulations and industry standards utilizing Responsible Recycling (R2) practices.
3. Inventory and verify everything: Count and verify upon pick up.
Transit: Provide unbroken chain of custody of material from client site to our secure facility, where the inventory is rechecked under supervision, sorted and any identifiable label or asset tag removed. Then data is DOD wiped and or shredded. (we can provide video feed, if necessary)
4. Environmental stewardship practices applying the RRR: Reusing, Recovering, and Recycling. saving natural resources and protecting the environment.
5. Zero land-fill policy, all end-of-life electronics is de-manufactured, sorted and consolidated at our facility and shipped to our approved R2 Certified Downstream partners that are audited on an annual basis.
Absolute and impeccable electronic disposal is very important to ensure the safety of the environment and the company's sensitive data. Our reliable electronics recycling services include
1. A proper plan of destruction is provided to the client in written form about which destruction process will be adopted along with a clear explanation of the steps involved.
2. A professional team arrives at a pre-determined schedule with required safety gear.
3. The client verifies the content by counting. If he still wants to save any particular information he can do so in this step.
4. The electronic devices are palletized and safely transported.
5. An inventory sheet is provided to the client
6. The inventory is transported with guaranteed secure chain-of-custody, providing security and accountability from start to finish. Furthermore, our secure transport vehicles are equipped with GPS-tracking devices, enabling us to provide full accountability.
7. Offloading- As the equipment reaches the destruction site the inventory is recounted by our supervisors
8. The data is wiped, shredded or degaussed.
9. The entire process is recorded and the live video feed is made available to the client
10. A certificate of destruction is provided to the customer.
IT equipment, computers, laptops, servers, racks, LCD parts, mobile phones, tablets, printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, scan guns, chip readers, data center equipments, iPads, Mac mini, hard drives, tape media, CD, thumb drives, SAS drives, RAM, lab equipment, Mac book, IP phones, routers, modems, switches, cables, keyboard, mice, testing equipment, iMacs.
IT Recycling Solution is a full-service electronic Waste (e-waste) recycling company that offers secure and environmentally-friendly electronics (E-Waste) Recycling & disposal services in Loudoun County, Virginia, USA.